Yeah, I know........I'm not good at keeping Internet promises. It's been over a week since my last post. If it makes you feel better, between work and sleep and spending time with my wife, I did get some entertainment in. I'm just gonna try to catch up with all of that by doing an abridged TV Wrap-up (with only the shows I'm seriously watching), a quick look at the recent UFC Fight Night event, and a summary on the latest video game I completed. Here we go:
- 24: The episode last week ended on the downside, which is odd because they usually end on the upside. Good action scenes in this one, and surprisingly they ended the beginning of the season terrorist threat. Not impressed with the current villain this season, as he acts like a tough guy, yet would rather run than fight. Completely different from his intro in the 24:Redemption special.
- Lost: The season continues to impress. Good spots with Sawyer in this one. The Oceanic Six seem poised to reunite finally, but the ones left on the island are far more interesting. You can feel their sense of urgency now as they're starting to get worse one by one. And now with a vested interest in them, I'm hooked.
- Star Wars The Clone Wars: Probably the best episode so far, and it featured the clone troopers more than the Jedi. Still, the Jedi had a great fight sequence. The troopers are becoming more interesting as they're actual personalities instead of mindless soldiers. The end of the episode also got you thinking, and let's hope this theme comes up again.
- UFC Fight Night: For an event that lacked outstanding and well-known fighters, it was still an outstanding event. Anthony Johnson got another great KO over Luigi Fiorivanti. Time for him to step up. Josh Neer submitted Mac Danzig in round 2, which disappointed me very much since Danzgi is a recent The Ultimate Fighter Winner. Cain Velasquez got a 2nd round TKO over newcomer Denis Stojnic. Some say Velasquez is the next big thing at heavyweight, but I'm waiting to be impressed. The main event between Joe Lauzon and Jeremy Stephens was good while it lasted as Lauzon won by 2nd round submission. Good possible matchups for all these fighters after this event.
-Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Recently finished for the PS2, it takes the idea of playing as a Jedi to a whole new level. Gameplay was fun as you got to use Force powers unlike any from previous games. The story was a little stunted, but those who know the Star Wars universe will understand it. Only lacking real FMV sequences in between gameplay because of it's PS2 base, but I'm sure they look cool on the PS3, Wii or X-Box 360. In the end, I felt the game was better than many considered, and a sequel with some new characters would be a welcome thing.
OK, that's all out of my system now. My posts work fairly easy this way. From now on, my TV Wrap-ups will only focus on the more active TV shows, and I'll try to keep my posts to one topic only. And right now, I'm too tired to tell you to find something entertaining while I do the same.......you know the drill.
No comments:
Post a Comment